Happy New Year!!!
In an effort to save time and space while the site is renovated, please keep up-to-
date on all news feeds either of Facebook or Twitter:
~ Facebook Click Here
~ Twitter Click Here
- Keith booked an Under 5 on Days of Our Lives as one of Stefano Dimera's Henchmen. This one was dedicated to
Keith's Mom, Kay, who never missed an episode since the shows inception.
July 2010-September 2010
Prison Edition: Click Here to View on YouTube
- Two clips from the Sketchers Comedy Special, staring Keith, were posted on YouTube. To view them, click one of the
links below to see clips:
Lawman Edition: Click Here to View on YouTube
- Through out the end of summer and beginning of the episodic season, Keith continued to workshop, write and
prepare for auditions by brushing up on his cold reading skills. Looking forward to a strong end to 2010.
- All it took was two meetings, and the feeling was just right for both parties. Keith has now signed with Larry O.
Williams both Commercially and Theatrically @ Williams Talent Agency.
- Hitting the ground running, Keith has been doing mass mailing and pressing the flesh to find new representation.
- After a follow up and some paperwork, Keith was declaired Eligible to join by the Screen Actors Guild. Union status
will be solidified by the end of the month. "I MADE IT, MOM!!!!"
- Keith booked the part of Phil, a brazen ego maniac & highly intelligent slouch with an imposing presence in the short
film "Poker Night." This short a cross over to directing project for Jonathan Holm and Reidenshcneider Films.
- Now Casting's Showcase Now will be spotlighting Keith as one of it's performers for the 2010 Comedy Show case.
Link to showcase soon to be posted to sight after release.
- After meeting with Ryan Hailey at the UTLA offices, Keith was booked to play the part of Johnny, an Senior Fraternity
Brother who wrecks havoc on one lucky pledge.
- Quick One Media brought Keith back to perform in two spec commercials for FedEx via Poptent. He first worked with
Mike Quick of Quick One Media once before on the Coors Light Campaign.
- Through the end of January into the beginning of February, Keith was called in numerous times to play a Homeland
Security officer in few episodes of the Young & the Restless.
- Paperwork and fees were completed as Keith solidified his status with Actors' Equity Association.
- After moving from New York to Los Angeles as well, Keith booked an Under 5 part for ABC's All My Children. The
episode with air Feb. 8th 2010. What a way to start a new year!
November- December 2009
- Keiith booked a spot in a few spec commercials for the Coors Light Coaches series through Quick One productions.
The commercials were in contention and considered for Super Bowl air time.
- The Very Special Halloween Episode of Rodimus Puck is up on it's website, or can also be seen and voted on by
viewing it on Funny or Die by clicking here.
- After reconnection with another actor from the New York Actors Connection: LA Connection program, Chad Ridgely,
Keith filmed two skits with him for his Fox Atomic Webseries. Keep a look out. I will post a link if and/or when it goes
- Episode 6.0 of the Many Deaths of Rodimus Puck is up and running on the site. Bud and Rodi back in the Park again,
throwing the disk around, having some fun only for it to go a little too far... Check it out here!
- Lots more background work is the name of the game recently. Keith has been booking a lot of background work on
many more shows such as Grey's Anatomy, Monk, Dexter, Young & the Restless and more.
- The John Hughes Tribute episode of the Many Deaths of Rodimus Puck was at one point the highest rated webseries,
parody, and overall video on Funny or Die for the month!!! check it out and vote for yourself by clicking here!
- Keith booked the part of Bud Mumble in the web series: the Many Deaths of Rodimus Puck. His premiere episode is
episode 2 which will air July 29th and can be seen @ www.rodimuspuck.com
- Over this two month span, Keith booked BG Artistry work on numerous television and movie projects such as Iron
Man 2, Numb3rs, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Saving Grace, Raising the Bar, The Mentalist and more, as well as
a reoccurring background on the Young & the Restless.
- Since the last post, Keith has been really busy. At the end of February, Keith auditioned for Breakout Entertainment's
newest film, Beer Pong: The Movie. He booked the part of James in this new comedy, directed by Reza Riazi! Keep
and eye out for more information on the release.
- HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Hoping everyone a healthy and busy 2009! Here is to achieving goals and aspirations one day at a
- Keith is in the process of developing an updated site for keithmarkey.com
- Keith is doing a work shop with the wonderful Dyann Brander. Dylann is a full Casting Director/partner with Megan
Branman’s office. They cast the hit show, and one of Keith's favorite new shows, “The Cleaner” on A&E.
- Keith was cast to read the role of P-Nut in Duane Adler's (STEP UP, SAVE THE LAST DANCE) A SORT OF HOMECOMING,
held at the famous Troubadour in West Hollywood. The show was the first ever event for Musicians Give Back, a
division of Artists Give Back. A portion of any proceeds go to Music Rising (www.musicrising.org), who donates
instruments to musicians, schools and churches affected by Hurricane Katrina. The live reading was followed by two
talented musical acts.
- It has been business as usual around Los Angeles. Auditions, Writing, Workshops and Networking. We will keep you
posted as more information unfolds.
- After being in Los Angeles for a year now, Keith has decided it's time to update the headshots. He has already started
research on Photographers as well as some interviews. Look for updated headshots posted and mailed out come
December (just in time for Pilot season).
- On August 14th at the Metatheater on Melrose, Keith will be participating in a staged reading of the play Victoria and
Fredrick for President. It is a period piece about Victoria Woodhull and Fredrick Duglas who ran together for the
Presidency and Vice Presidency of the United States back in 1872.
- Keith was called to producers for the Fox TV Show HOUSE M.D.
- Two more workshops Keith has signed up for this month. One will be doing a voice over workshop with David
Lawrence, and another work shop with Erica Silverman of April Webster Casting, at Act Now.
- As of June 4th, 2008, Keith will be represented Commercially by the Daniel Hoff Agency.
- Keith will be participating in James Levine's Commercial workshop, and Amy & Brooke from Philips/Reise Casting
movie of the week workshop, at Act Now.
- Keith performed in a staged reading of Now in Paperback by Brian Pines at the Actor's Gang Theater in front of a live
audience. The show was directed by Ron DiMaio, and Cast by Janelle Scuderi. Keith had the pleasure to read a few
parts of the scene and share the stage with such prolific actors such as Hugh Laurie, Mimi Kennedy, Ann Magnuson,
Lenard Roberts, Nora Zehetner, amongst other great talent. It was a pleasure for Keith to work on such a fantastic
project out here in Los Angeles.
- For 4 weeks, Keith took a work shop with Caroline Liem, Casting Director for Jimmy Kimmel Live, at Act Now.
- Keith has returned to the Groundlings Theater to continue Level II Improv (He passed Level I back in March). He has
the pleasure once again to study with his original coach, Margee Magee.
- Keith will be participating in the staged reading for Now in Paperback, written by Brian Pines. The Reading
will take place on May 5th at the Actors Gang Theater in Culver City, directed by Ron DiMaio.
- Keith has created a working relationship with the Act Now program in Sherman Oaks, CA. Here Keith will
be doing specific workshops with industry professionals in order to showcase his talents, learn from some
of the best in their area of expertise, as well as for networking purposes.
- Ladies and Gentlemen, The American Federation of Television and Radio Artists newest member.... Mr. Keith
- Keith has returned to the UCB Theatre!! After moving from the East Coast, Keith has officially become a
UCB Transfer studying 401 with Billy Merritt (also a transplant from UCB-NY).
- Over the last three months, Keith has had the pleasure to study short from Improv @ the Groundlings
theater. After a rigorous and challenging program 3 month program, Keith is proud to announce that he
passed Basic and is moving on to Intermediate. What is normally a course repeated by all students, Keith
proved that he was able to advance without having to repeat the course again.... Who knows where this
will lead? Stay tuned........
- After speaking with Matt Cain, casting director for the hit television show Scrubs, Keith attended an
orientation session at the Brian Reise Studios. Based off the information shared at this meeting, Keith
signed up to study cold reading at this highly respected studio.
- Keith met with Scott Howard and Elana Dvorak @ Howard Entertainment to talk about the west coast
market. Although this management office is not looking for new talent at the time, the knowledge and
assistance they provided was greatly appreciated.
- After talking with Janelle Scuderi, Casting Associate for "House, M.D.," Keith got involved with Actors Give
Back. For more information please visit the website @ www.actorsgiveback.org.
- Keith has commenced his studies at both the Lesly Kahn Studio and at the Groundlings Improv Theater.
- A New Year, New Goals, New Results. Keith is currently still looking for West Coast representation. As the
writers strike continues, Keith is still out there networking and studying in order to stay fresh once it has
- Happy New Year from Keith Markey!!!!
- After meeting with the representatives at Nash Entertainment, Keith booked a part of a police officer for
the new show Crisis Point for Court TV. Keith plays one of the arresting officers in a reenactment that
takes down a crazed mad man who had been firing an AK-47 at an officer after being pulled over. Keith
also had a chance to do a little stunt driving at the shoot as well.
- Keith had a triage meeting with Lesly Kahn on December 18th in order to audition and sign up to study at
her studio. The feed back was positive and Keith decided to start work with the Lesly Kahn Studio in
- In order to get back into the swing of things in L.A., Keith has decided to audition for the Groundlings
and was accepted. He will begin work with them starting January 7th.
- As Keith continues his search for West Coast representation, he still is consumed in mailings, self-
submissions, networking and writing. If you, or the company you work for, are currently looking for new
talent...... Well then you came to the right place!!! Welcome.
- Due to the Writer's Guild Strikes, all has been quiet for the most part on the Keith Markey front. But fear
not, soon he will rise again.
- The nationally aired commercial for WebMD which features Keith has been getting great air time, especially
during the Major League Baseball playoffs and World Series, as well as National League Football on
Sundays. Keep an eye out for it!
- Keith booked a role as the Paramedic on Spike TV's television show 1000 Ways To Die.
- Keith has booked a re-occurring role as an inmate in the NBC's hit show My Name is Earl.
- Keith has booked work on the upcoming movie, Breaking Point, with 90210 alum David Austin Green.
- The move is official. Keith has left NY and drove cross country to Los Angeles where now resides working
to learn, network, and gain more exposure as an artist.
- The NY Actors Connection's LA Connection commenced on the 16th, and completed on the 22nd. Here
Keith met with and acted for 20 of Los Angeles' most talented and respected Managers, Agents, and
Casting Directors. It was a great experience overall and allowed Keith to see some people that he met back
in the Pilot Season program as well as some new faces.
- In an effort to get the ball rolling in LA, Keith has registered with Central Casting in order to keep busy
and gain a few more vouchers to be come union eligible.
- Keith's appearance at the UCB Theatre Improv show on June 30th has been cancelled due to scheduling
conflicts. You can catch him at the UCB Theatre West in Los Angeles coming soon. More information to
- Keith participated as a guest actor for the Directing Actors classes taught by Paul Warner @ New York Film
Academy in Soho this month. Here Keith worked with young aspiring directors on how communicate and
work with talent during each step of the production process.
- For the second time around, Keith is going to participate in the Actors Connection L.A. Connection held in
July in Los Angeles, California.
- Keith has commenced his studying of long form Improv with Charlie Todd.
- The Improv show, Spy-D Suit, had a great performance at the UCB Theatre. Thanks to all who came out
and show their support. Keith will be doing another improv show on June 30th with the UCB New York.
Stay posted for more information.
- Episode of 30 Rock Keith did work on will be airing on Thursday April 19th.
- On Saturday April 21st, Keith will be performing with the 201 group @ the Upright Citizens Brigade theatre.
- Keith signed with Independent Artists Agency!!!
- VH1 held filming for their new show Acceptable TV (produced by Jack Black) @ NYFA in Union Square. Here
Keith stared, featured, and even helped create some of the sketches and improv skits. Work can be seen at
the website www.acceptabletvonline.com. You can also catch the show Fridays @ 10:00pm on VH1.
- Keith booked work on NBC's hit comedy show 30 Rock.
- Keith booked the new Smith and Wollensky Steakhouse commercial!
- The performance by the improv group, Electrolysis, had an outstanding performance at the UCB Theatre
this past Saturday. Keith would like to thank any and all who attended the show and looks forward to
seeing you all and some more new faces at the up coming shows in the near future.
- Leanne won the Zero Tolerance Short Film Competition in Europe. Scottish director, Jamie Steedman,
entered the short film about domestic abuse to the competition to spread the word, increase knowledge,
and help to stop the violence. It has been selected to be screened at this very prestigious art-house
cinema in Edinburgh called 'The Film House' on front of a panel of BBC executives who are there to analyse
it on March 5th.
- On Feb 24th, Keith will be performing with other members of the One-Zero-One Class @ the Upright
Citizens Brigade doing some long form improv. The show starts at 4:00pm on Sat. 2/24 @ the UCB Theatre
located at 26th street and 8th ave in Manhattan, NY.
- Keith has returned to NYC after spending a couple of weeks networking and auditioning out in LA. After
the completion of this program, the LA market has opened up a bit for Keith, yet he has returned to pull
some more work out of his heart and hometown of New York City.
- On February 27th, Keith will be working and studying the Game of the Scene under Doug Moe @ the UCB
Theater. This is the second installation with the UCB Theatre and beings to lay the foundation and ground
work for performing the Harold level improv.
- The Demo Reels have been put up. To see both the short version and the extended version, just click the
Reels link in the above menu bar.
- Keith started the improv program with the Upright Citizens Brigade.
- Along with 22 other talented actors from the east coast, Keith flew out to Los Angeles, California, for the
beginning of Pilot season to partake in the AC's L.A. Connection held the last week of January. During this
event, Keith networked, auditioned, and received positive feed back from 16 of the Industries top Casting
Directors, Talent Agents and Managers out on the West Coast.
- Keith met with the three associate casting directors for all three Law and Orders: Claire Traeger (Law and
Order), Anne Davison (Law and Order: Criminal Intent), and Alison Goodman (Law and Order: Special
Victims Unit). This was an special intensive set to network and get a feel for auditioning for the shows.
- Keith signed up with the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre. Starting in January he will be working with
Betsy Stover. Going back to his roots, Keith is back again for some more improv and sketch comedy.
- Keith took part in a Primetime Intensive class with Marci Phillips (Director of ABC Casting, Primetime).
Within this crash course Keith worked with Marci on specific skills for auditioning, paying particular
attention to the "cold read."
- Keith auditioned for, and was accepted to, the A.C.'s L.A. Connection which will be held in Los Angeles,
California, during the early part of Pilot season. The program will be an intense week of networking,
auditioning, and information sessions about the L.A. Market.
- Leanne and Parvenu are both set for a pre-screening held at the Tammany Hall building (Park Avenue and
17th street/Union Square) on Thursday, October 12, @ 6:30pm.
- Filming of Leanne commenced with the majority of the production shot in the Williamsburg Section of
- Keith enrols in the Prime Time television course taught by Erica Jensen at the studios @ Actor's
Connection. Erica takes her experience as a respected casting director and helps to fine tune an actors
ability to audition for Prime Time television.
- Keith enrols in the situational comedy course taught by Richard Kline held at the studios @ Actor's
Connection. Richard is a talented actor/director, best known work playing the role of Larry Dallas on the
hit sitcom Threes Company.
- Filming of Parvenu commenced during the second week in August. The shoot was an intense, non-stop
week of filming in both the Tribeca and Greenwich Village sections of Manhattan, NY.
- Keith booked and filmed a nationally broadcast television commercial for WebMD.
- Keith creates a working relationship with Ingrid French Management.
- Keith joins the AC Conservatory through Actors Connection.
- Keith landed the lead in Joan Vitores' dark comedy Parvenu. In this film Keith plays Max, a business man
who would do anything in order to get the newly opened General Manager position at his company.
- Keith is cast in Jaime Steedman's dramatic short film Leanne. Keith plays the part of Micheal, the abusive
ex-husband of the title character.
- www.keithmarkey.com is finally up and running.